Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day Five - August 31, 2011

Guess what my BIG news is??????? No, not that!

Read til the end to find out.

Today the headwinds weren't as ferocious as they have been in the past 2 days. I felt stronger on my bike. I've learned that it doesn't matter if I take Old Evergreen Hwy or Hwy 14, the mileage is still 10ish miles. However, it feels FASTER on Hwy 14, so that's typically the way I travel TO school. Traveling home, I take Old Evergreen Hwy to look at all the beautiful houses!

Ok, big news is coming!

Total round trip today: 22 miles
Total for the "month": 111 miles!!!!!! Yep, you read that right - ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN MILES and it's not even September yet!!!!!

Wahoo!!!!! I also found out I have another supporter, so that makes 12 supporters plus David Martin who's given me the 600-mile-for-$75 challenge! Go Deaf Teen Leadership Camp!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. TOP 5 REASONS THIS IS SO GREAT:
    5) You get outside, finding more car-minimal routes where you can take a deep breath and go "ahhhhh..."
    4) You can eat and drink how much you please 'cause you're getting in not one - but TWO workouts per day.
    3) Your big 'ol truck's not on the road, just sittin' there stayin' all shiny in the driveway.
    2) Your husband admires you even more - and he can't ever complain about a sore bum again.
    1) You often meet other riders, like we did tonight, who love to stop with you and tinker with your bike. Front brakes fixed today - what would you like worked on for free tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete