Monday, August 29, 2011

Day Three - Monday, August 29, 2011

I had prepped last night for my first day back in the classroom. My bike clothes were laid out; my "work" clothes were packed. Somehow, when my alarm went off, I hit "dismiss" and not "snooze" and promptly fell asleep. Luckily, Shawn goes in to work early on Mondays so instead of being "on the road" at 6am, I was crawling out of bed at 6:15am.

On my way across I-205, I got distracted by a bird and the wind was pretty strong. I careened right into the wall which I'm sure amused more than one driver. Because I'm not yet in shape and I-205 is mostly uphill, I wasn't going that fast. I have a nice 2.5 inch scratch on my inner arm. Unfortunately, it's fading fast and won't even leave a scar. I also got a nice road-rash area on my upper thigh, unfortunately too high for anyone to see it.

I arrived in time for a quick shower (forgetting my towel - it's amazing what an extra T-shirt can be used for) and walked into my classroom on time.

And now what you have all been waiting for - the daily and monthly totals!!
Today's round trip ride - 21 miles
Total monthly mileage - 65 miles

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha...I mean I'm glad you're OK!

    Hey well-done on your strong start. Keep it up and take off what I'm sure is a smirk on David Martin's face.

    ReplyDelete