Monday, September 5, 2011

Day Seven and the Labor Day Weekend

Hi everyone,

I didn't post on Friday and I know you are anxiously waiting to hear about the mileage, right?

Friday, I biked to work for 10 miles bringing my total to 142 miles. However, I had Shawn pick me up and we went shopping for "bike stuff."

I am now the proud owner of bike shoes complete with new cleats and new bike pedals. Unfortunately, we didn't get the pedal wrench and had to make a second trip to REI to get that. Yeah, I know, poor us!

Shawn decided to return his 2-person inflatable kayak for 2 hard shell kayaks which we thought had arrived. If you've never been shopping with Shawn, it is something to experience. At one point, I think he had every employee helping him on something. In fact, from across the store, I see him point to one poor employee indicating that she hadn't yet helped him with anything.

We walked in with several items to return and we walked out with a new bike bag, a bike wrench, 2 hard shell kayaks (one to pick up later), and a new rack for his Scion. I think we only had to pay about $50 for all that. I love REI!

We are planning a bike ride for today and I'll get to try out my new pedals. We changed one last night and I took a few spins around the block. Gotta get used to that! Hopefully, our friend will be able to help us change the second pedal. It's on really tight!

Stay tuned for the total from the weekend! Happy Labor Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment