Sunday, September 25, 2011

What a Saturday!!!!!

Yesterday was Saturday, September 24, 2011. We are in the home stretch with 5 days to go in September. Can she do it? Will she make it to 600 miles? Will there be donuts at the end of her rides ever? These are questions I know you are dying to know the answer to!

Yesterday, Shawn was invited to read some of his poetry at St. Johns Independent Bookstore with Leah Stenson, Jon Seaman, and Dave Jarechi (I hope I have spelled all those names correctly). We decided to bike on over that morning. What a gorgeous day to be outside riding a bike in Portland today. I'm not sure how we managed to get there without having a hill to climb, but we did. All the way to St. Johns and no hill.

The poetry was beautiful by everyone! Leah read poems based on many of her travels. Shawn read poems about life and love, Jon read poems about family, and Dave read poems inspired by his adorable 5-month old who was in attendance.

The bike ride home was just as lovely. Ok, one bridge was out and Shawn and I had to cross a train trestle to get to the other side, but every bike ride is an adventure, right?

We biked along Marine Dr until we got to 33rd where Shawn headed home. I kept going and finally made it to Blue Lake and then turned around.

All told, my total mileage for Saturday: 43 miles!!
Total for the month: 483 miles!!!!

Today, I took a day "off" and Shawn and I went kayaking on Sauvie Island. Beautiful! We were on the water about 3 hours paddling along the canal. We saw one deer, at least 5 herons, 4 beavers, so many fish jumping out of the water, houseboats, geese, I could go on and on...

For your viewing pleasure, here's a photo from our ride yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment