Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday, September 19, 2011

Oy...

Totals for today: 31 miles
Totals for the month: (apparently math is not my thing this month) My odometer says 350 miles so let's go with that.

Today the ride to work was dark and chilly. Autumn is coming. I only saw 4 bikers today. Where is everyone?? On the way home, I rode up to Barnes and Noble so Shawn and I could ride home together. I added about 5 miles to my trip just biking around waiting for him to get ready to leave. It was a pleasant, sunny ride home!

Does anyone have connections with the Columbian newspaper? I'm thinking I'll organize my miles to be able to "finish" while I'm at WSD. I was thinking (and the superintendent and principal approved) my class and some former Deaf Teen Leadership (DTL) students could be there to witness the event. If a reporter from the Columbian could be there, it would be excellent publicity for WSD and for DTL!!

I'll work on it!

Bright and early tomorrow. It's almost home stretch time...

1 comment:

  1. I definitely have some connections at the Columbian. Let's see if they can be 'activated'. Totally worth a big story - for deaf kids, for biking, for fitness, for generosity, for creative teaching and example setting. This is a great thing. --Shawn

    ReplyDelete