Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with that "Day Four" thing. For those interested only in the totals:

Today's total = 21 miles
Total for the "month" = 226 miles

The sunrise wasn't as beautiful today as yesterday, but the air was a little warmer. We are supposed to have a "summer" weekend. I'm still not used to the fact that it's September. Everytime when I type this blog, I type August and then have to delete it.

There are so many things I think about when I'm biking to work. As I cross the 205 bridge, I also cross over Government Island. Last week, I noticed a dead raccoon. My first thought was "poor raccoon." My second thought was "how the heck did a raccoon get all the way here (a third of the way across the bridge) before it got run over??" It must have climbed a tree (that you can't see from the bridge) and then climbed the fence onto the highway?? Every day when I see that raccoon there, that's what I think.

Shawn rode back with me this afternoon. I got to go first on the bridge. I hit 30 mph. My top speed ever is 33 mph and I hit that on Monday. We went down a very short and very steep hill and that's when I hit my fastest speed ever. Yes, I know I'm a dork and a slowpoke and that "real" bikers can pedal at 30 mph on a regular basis. But, hey, I got a scab now to prove I'm a biker so just be quiet about the speed thing.

As I was speeding down the 205 bridge, I got passed by 2 other bikers. Just depressing. How do they go that fast??

Tomorrow is Friday. Happy Friday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Trying to figure out how to have my comments posted on this thing - don't know if anything's worked... You're definitely a real biker, you don't have to be a speedy "thin tire snob" to prove it. You get to 600 miles by the end of Sept. and you can feel pretty good about yourself in any context. And the additional deaf kids that get to go to summer camp are all anyone needs to know about.

    ReplyDelete