Friday, September 23, 2011

End of the Week - Friday, 9/23/2011

I know it's been a couple of days since I updated my totals. For those only interested in totals:

Total for Wednesday, 9/21/2011: 21 miles
Total for Thursday, 9/22/2011: 21 miles
Total for today, Friday, 9/23/2011: 22 miles
Total for the month: 440 miles!

For those of you who need more reading material: read on!

Wednesday was the most beautiful ride for many reasons. For one, I didn't want to get up and ride. Monday and Tuesday there were brutal head winds biking up I-205. I wasn't sure I had it in my to do it again. Once on the bike, the sky started to reveal itself in purples and pinks. Mt. Hood was an incredible shade of gray shadow, crisp and clear. Biking over 205, the sky looked like a fleece blanket folded down to reveal the sky that was slowly brightening as I rode. There was NO wind - somebody loves me!

Another friend of mine, Ginger, bikes to work twice a week. When I saw her, the first thing she said was, "Wasn't it a BEAUTIFUL ride this morning??" I love it!

Thursday was another beautiful day in the morning. Friday was peaceful and I felt strong. I love those days.

In retrospect, I wish I'd taken a photo every day at the same time as I leave the house. I think it would be fascinating to watch how lit the skies were at the beginning of the month and how dark it is now when I leave the house. If the skies are clear, the sky is black and the stars are still shining when I leave.

Here's that gorgeous picture of me and Shawn as we biked home together one day. See how happy you could be if you biked to work??


1 comment:

  1. A beautiful piece of writing, and dare I say a handsome photo of two successful people?

    You know, my biking goal for the year is 50 round trips to work. This will keep 1,000 miles off my car's odometer. Now I get shown up by Donna, who's doing more than half my goal in one month! Rock on with your strong-and-getting-stronger self!! --Shawn

    ReplyDelete