Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday, September 12, 2011

Yes, I know. I didn't blog anything on Friday. I have to admit, by the time I get home on Friday after biking all week, it's all I can do to breathe!

Here are the totals:
Friday totals: 21 miles
Monday totals: 31 miles (see below for explanation)
Monthly total: 277 miles!!!

Friday was awesome. A leisurely ride home early in the afternoon. When I arrived home around 4pm, I puttered around the house and "took a nap" around 5:30pm. I was slightly coherent around 7:30pm because I can remember having some kind of conversation with Shawn. I teetered in and out of consciousness until I gave up and slept for the night.

I rested up on Saturday and Sunday. Shawn was so good - "Do you want to go for a short ride??" Through clenched teeth my answer was something like, "No, sweetie, I don't."

Today, my friend Erica rode with me! I've learned with Shawn - I don't do "double riding" very well. It's never clear who needs to speed up or slow down when we are overtaken by a vehicle. Am I going too fast or too slow? Etc...

We did well! Erica is a much better cyclist than I am. She's very comfortable on her bike whereas I'm still constantly remember which foot to click out if I have to stop. She's also a good motivator just by riding with me. I'm pretty sure this was my fastest trip across 205!

She also got me out of work "on time" because her work day ends at 3:40pm so she was in my classroom waiting until I was "done" with work. I think we got out of there by 4:30 which is a record for me! We flew home!

After Erica left my house, I did some figuring and realized I need more miles!!! So, I went for a quick (flat) 10 miler around the neighborhood at the base of Rocky Butte (I don't get extra points for hills so I wasn't about to actally bike UP Rocky Butte - although I have done that several times in the past). I also rode around my neighborhood. Ten miles later, I'm back at home.

That's it for today. Erica will be here again bright and early tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

  1. Donna-I'm so impressed! You continually amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the many great things is that you're getting other people to ride more and also riding with you, which is really fun socially. And the sleep...it's glorious after riding. I can't believe you'll be half-way towards your goal tomorrow with over half the month left. --Shawn

    ReplyDelete