Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy!!

Totals for today: 21 miles
Total for the month: 298 miles (sigh....)

Shawn was so encouraging when I got home, "just go out and ride 2 more miles. I'll have dinner done when you get home." I just couldn't do it...

So tomorrow will be the big day when I surpass 300 miles.

I can tell autumn is coming. The mornings are a bit darker when I start out each morning and the afternoons/evenings are a bit cooler.

The awesome thing about riding is this: There is a small sub-community of bikers. I tend to see the same 5 to 6 bikers each morning. There's one gentleman I see biking up Sandy as I'm flying down Sandy. He always has one steady headlight and one blinking light. He looks like a train as he is really tall on his bike. There's a small woman who looks like she's not old enough to drive. There's an Asian woman who has not once acknowledged me in any way. There's about 3 or 4 men who always nod a morning biking greeting. One man actually tips his glasses every time I pass him.

As I nod to each person, I wonder who they consistently see on their way down 205. I, of course, never see those bikers traveling to Vancouver - only the ones biking to Portland. And the ones biking to Portland probably never see each other. It's interesting to think I have created my own little community of "regulars" who don't even know the other folks exist.

Someday, I think it would be fun to be at the Vancouver end of 205 early in the morning and greet everyone going and coming or invite them to a morning breakfast picnic so we can all meet and know that we are the morning bikers of I-205!

1 comment:

  1. That would work. And for once I'd like beer (a stout, please) in those cups they hand you (like in races). I'd stop for breakfast, that's actually a pretty great idea.

    And way to not shout at these people and give them high fives... You've had enough bruises for the month. --Shawn

    ReplyDelete